What Should I Use to Replace My Halogen Spot Lights?
Replacing an halogen bulb with an LED bulb maintains the advantages of the floodlight fixture while addressing its performance weaknesses. The LED lighting has a significantly longer lifespan than a traditional halogen floodlight bulb, as well as a lower wattage requirement. This means that you save money on maintenance costs and your electrical bill.
Traditional Halogen Floodlight Bulb vs. LED Spot Light Bulb
Traditional spot light bulbs are cheaper than LED spot light bulbs. However, the cost savings of the bulb is negated by 25 times more bulb replacements that you'll need to do, as well as paying 70% to 80% more for electricity every month. Why pay more to your utility company when you can have better quality of light, more money in your pocket, and more time.
Disadvantages of Traditional Spot Light Bulbs
- Energy Inefficient (Uses 5-times more energy than an LED Spot Light bulb)
- Only casts 9 to 10 lumens per watt compared to LED's 50 to 60 lumens per watt
- Hot operating temperature - Did you know that you can fry an egg on a halogen floodlight?
- Halogen flood lights waste 90% of their energy on heat rather than light
- They're illegal to manufacture or import into the United States of America
- Uses 10% of energy for heat as opposed to the 90% for heat that the incandescent uses
- Uses 15 watts of energy compared to 75 watts for the incandescent (that's 20% of the energy, or an 80% energy savings!)
Disadvantages of LED Spot Light Bulbs
Higher initial cost compared to tradition spot light lamps. However, with the 80% energy savings and longer life span (reduced maintenance costs), you will be saving more money by installing the LED spot light than continuing to purchase halogen spot light bulbs over the lifetime of the LED.
How will you benefit by working with Logical Green Solutions?
- A simplified and easy to understand lighting solution
- Site specific lighting audit and Lighting Evaluation report
- Cost reducing, labor saving, sustainable plan
- Manufacturer direct pricing from over 20 LED manufacturers
- The correct LED lamps- 30 day exchange policy
- Definable, trackable, and measurable results
- Assistance with rebates and warranties
- Unique program where you can modernize your lighting with no money out of pocket, no capital expenditure
- Reduce your monthly electric bill and use a portion of that existing monthly expense to upgrade your lighting system AND increase your profit!
- Free PR and marketing to promote your business, your improved sustainability, and reduced environmental impact
- Option to have your LED lighting installed
- Ability to view and track your order status on your personalized MyLGS.com page